2.11.14

DIY animal necklaces

Hi Kitty Readers ! 

I just love using plastic animals in my crafts ! 

So I thought I would show you how to make one of my favourite crafts using fun plastic  animals . 



These necklaces are super cute and easy to make !

Heres what you will need -


- glitter

- mod podge 

- posca markers 

- paint brush ( for the mod podge ) 

- thin leather 

- assorted plastic animals 

- wooden beads


First, swamp your animals with glitter, gems, paint, pom poms, pen or pearls. ( thanks for this deer Rosie )


Heres a step by step guide to the knot around the animal . 

Step 1 - loop a piece of leather. 

Step 2 - place the loop on the animal . 

Step 3 - pull the two ends of the loop through the closed part of the loop . ( while around the animal ) 

Step 4 - this is your chance to add beads . You could add them all the way around the leather, or just two at the base of the knot. 

Step 5 - tie a knot at the end of the leather . ( and add a bead . ) 



Thanks for reading this weeks post ! 

Come back next Sunday for another post . 

Make sure to tag #indiakittydiy on Instagram if you recreate this, or send it to me via email ! ( see contact page ) 

What have you been making lately ?

India X x 









6 comments:

  1. So cute, I love this idea! Wish I'd hung onto my plastic animals now instead of giving them all away :O I'm currently making presents for my friends for our handmade secret santa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miranda !

      thank you for all your thoughtful comments . Yeah I know how you feel, if I had kept my old plastic animals, I would have about a thousand or two more !

      Isn't that weird ! I am doing a handmade secret santa with some of my blogger friends later in the year !

      India X x

      Delete
  2. That's so cool! HAHA Nice DIY :)
    Hope you can have a look my blog. Let me know what you think about it!

    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com || Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sammie !

      thanks ! I could click the link you provided, but i'm sure your blog is wonderful !

      Have a great day !

      India X x

      Delete
  3. I know you love your plastic animal crafts, and I found this :) http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/9d/ce/fe/9dcefe6822b3b29989f9fbb7342edda5.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi !

      I had a look at that picture and it was adorable ! I will have to try that out !

      India X x

      Delete